Friday, October 26, 2007

Day 96 - It's not a car!

Short entry today - it is the last day of university for me and my fellow post-graduate diploma of journalism students. So, yes, we're going drinking.

At the tender age of 29 (yes, I'm not 30 quite yet), I am (by my estimation), the second oldest in the class. But do I feel old?

Yes. Because:
- Someone in the class thought a Commodore 64 was a car.
- Ghostbusters came out before some of my classmates were born.
- People look at my student card and ask "Really?"
- No-one else seems to require power naps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you need to get some new friends in your class. Commodore 64 being a car?

I'll have you know I just read this:
http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/amiga-history-4-commodore-years.ars?bub

Hopefully this works as I'm in Thailand and my screen is in Thai which is the most incomprehensible alphaget ever. Rich

write_about_it said...

Cheers Rich. Neat article. I actually had a Vic 20 - the equivalent of a calculator today.